The Director General of National Accountability Bureau (NAB) Karachi held a public hearing on Thursday, attracting complainants in droves.
The hearing was conducted in line with NAB Chief Justice (r) Javed Iqbal initiative, ‘Zero Tolerance against Corruption’ wherein DG NAB Karachi Brig (R) Farooq Naser Awan along with his team received complaints from the general public at NAB office between 11:00 am and 01:00 pm; the timing was however increased to 03:00 pm.
A large number of citizens arrived at the hearing implying overwhelming confidence in NAB. They submitted applications regarding cases of corruption in various federal as well as provincial government departments.
According to a communique issued by the bureau, a majority of complainants got their complaints registered on land frauds committed by government officials in connivance with private persons; a number of complainants also lodged complaints against Cooperative Societies Management.
On the occasion, DG NAB Karachi issued orders for complaint verification against following departments for initiation of prompt actions as per National Accountability Ordinance 1999 on the spot.
* Board of Revenue
* Education Department Sindh
* Karachi Municipal Committee
* King Builders Karachi
* City Center Shopping Mall
* Tauseef Builders for their Anwar Towers Project
* Chappal Builders
* PIA Cooperative Housing Society
* Shadab Developers for their Falaq Naz Project
* A One Builders for their A One Homes Project
* KGS Builders Developers
* National Cement Cooperative Housing Society
* Kareem Housing Pvt Ltd for their Gulshan e Dozan Project
* Sindh Govt Employees Housing for Gulshan e Mehran Project
* Kaghan Cooperative Housing Society
* KDA Employees Cooperative Housing Society
* Management of Private School regarding Extra Fees Charging etc.
The NAB official also routed complaints which did not fall under the ambit of NAB to their concerned department with the directions to resolve the grievances of complainants according to law.
DG NAB appreciated the overwhelming response of the general public, which he said, was a sign of trust deposed by the public in performance and delivery by NAB on its efforts against corruption.
Khuli Katchehry (public hearing) will also be conducted every last Thursday of each month at NAB office. However, for those who are unable to attend the hearing can send their complaints via email on firstname.lastname@example.org and 021-111-622-622, Fax on 02199207949 or personally or via post at PRCS Building Cantt Karachi.